Outlook Web App allows you to send and receive many common files types. Some files types may be blocked, or you may be forced to save them on your computer before you can open them.
By default, Outlook Web App allows you to open attached Word, Excel, PowerPoint, text files and many media files directly. The files you can open from Outlook Web App will vary depending on your account settings.
You can attach any kind of file that can be accessed from your computer or through your network to any item you create in your mailbox.
- In a message, calendar item, or contact, click the attach file icon on the toolbar.
- In the Attach Files dialog box, type the path of the file you want to attach, or click Browse to locate the file.
- If you use Browse, highlight the file you want to attach, and then click Open to add it to the attachments list.
- Click Attach, and the file name will appear in the Attach Files dialog box.
- To change the file you selected, click Browse, and then locate the file you want.
- To attach more than one file, click Choose more files in the Attach Files dialog box.
- To return to the item, click Attach to attach the selected files or click Cancel to return to the item without attaching the files.
Here are a list of attachments allowed by Microsoft