Managing your Office 365 Subscriptions
Within this section you will find information that will help you understand how to make changes to your Office 365 subscriptions. Users designated as billing or service administrators can manage subscriptions in the portal on your behalf.
Adding USLs to Your Office 365 Subscription
You can add USLS to an existing Office 365 subscription at any time via the Microsoft Online Service Portal. When you are adding USLs you should consider:
- You can add USLs to your subscription at any time at the current subscription purchase price.
- The added USLs will follow your original subscription anniversary date for renewals.
- When adding USLs moves you to a new pricing tier, all existing and new USLs take on the pricing of that new tier from that point onward.
- New USLs added between billing cycles will be billed on a prorated basis in the next billing cycle.
Reducing USLs from Your Office 365 Subscription
You can reduce USLs from an existing Office 365 subscription at any time by paying a cancellation fee. Call support to help you with this transaction. When you are removing USLs you should consider:
- Reductions within the first 30 days are allowed at no fee.
- Reductions within the last 11months of the subscription period are allowed. The customer is responsible for paying a fee equal to 25% of the remaining value of the contract.
- If reductions move you to a new pricing tier, all of your USLs assume the pricing within the new tier.
Buying Add-On Plans
The only Add-On Plan (at this time) is SharePoint Online Partner Access.
Reconciling your Licenses (USLs)
Each time you reduce USLs, reconcile your subscriptions by manually disabling the corresponding users via the Microsoft Online Services Portal. You will be prompted in the portal to reconcile your licenses after making a reduction. In the portal you will be able to select the users to be disabled. Once the number of users assigned USLs is equal or less than the number of USLs you have purchased, the “error message” prompting on the portal will go away.
Changing your Office 365 Plans
You can change your Office 365 Plans for ALL or a subset of USLs any time during the term of your subscription. For example, if you had a component plan, e.g.,. Exchange Online (Plan 1), subscription with 100 USLs and you wanted to move all users to a suite plan, e.g., Microsoft Office 365 (Plan E3) subscription, you would take the following steps:
- Purchase a new Microsoft Office 365 (Plan E3) subscription with 100 USLs through the Microsoft Online Services Portal.
- Go to user management in the portal and transfers users from the Exchange Online (Plan 1) subscription to your Microsoft Office 365 (Plan E3) subscription.
- Call support to cancel the Exchange Online (Plan 1) subscription.
If you want to change plans for only a subset of the users (e.g., in the above example you want to change plans for only 50 users) then you would still perform steps 1 and 2. In step 3 you would call support to reduce 50 USLS in the Exchange Online (Plan 1) subscription. Our support agents will waive cancellation fees when these changes are related to an upgrade in your plans.
Cancelling your Office 365 Subscription
You can cancel your Office 365 subscriptions at any time by paying a cancellation fee. Call support to help you with this transaction.
- Considerations when cancelling your Office 365 Subscription: Cancellations within the first 30 days are allowed at no fee.
- Cancellations within the last 11months of the subscription term are allowed. You will be responsible for paying 25% of the remaining value of your subscription.